Tuesday, August 22, 2006

NEW! Action Dickey with Kung-Fu Grip!

Its nice to be active again, and to have a busy schedule. I am working two jobs (Genentech and Target), hitting the gym on a daily basis, and even playing hockey again at least two days a week. I feel a hundred percent healthier and even more comfortable in my own skin then ever before.

Sure working does suck. Validation is pretty easy, for the most part, and the money is good. But the money is already spent as well, thanks to my third - non-paying - job as an aspiring musician. Which is also picking up as well. Ive got a seven track demo on the way in the next week or two at the most. Its a good representation of our current live sound, by which I mean its just me and Mike and our guitars. It will certainly serve its purpose.

The few fans that we have have also really stepped up and really supported us in this starting process. Our friends at the Mocha House are doing everything they can to get people to come to our shows, and people are being really supportive. You can even find a video of us posted on Youtube, thanks to one of our fans. I am really appreciative of everyone's support, and it definitely makes all the hard work worthwhile.

Despite my busy schedule I do continue to work hard on the music, and I have big plans for our first full length album which I hope to start recording as soon as possible. I am definitely excited to get those ideas into something soluble and I hope it will really put me on the serious side of being considered a songwriter. But we will see what happens. You know how I feel about predictions.

Anyways, I dont really have anything interesting to post about. But I am listening to 'Idlewild' right now, so I'm cool.

No comments: