Sunday, August 06, 2006

The Ballad of Dickey Jobby...

I went to see 'Talladega Nights' today and it was hilarious.

What was even funnier then the movie was the fact that this group of three dudes came in and sat in the same row as us, since the theatre was filling up quite fast. The dude sitting closest to me decided to give his friend a buffer zone of one seat, but that left him sitting directly next to me. I found that baffling, and made it a point to 'accidentally' touch him on the arm or hand everytime I reached for a sip of my water in my armrest cup-holder. Of course after listening to his friend repeat all the lines he thought was funny throughout the entire movie, I realized why that buffer zone may have been necessary.

But yeah, Will Ferrell didnt let me down, and I laughed my ass off. The supporting cast was also hilarious especially John C. Reilly and Amy Adams, who has become one of my favorite comedic actresses over the last year. Not even Applebee's could ruin this movie.

In other news, I decided to keep working nights at Target on the weekends for now. Its pretty sucky as far as my sleep schedule goes, but I am going to need every last dime I can get with my near future plans for the studio. First of all, I am going to have to pay for the mixing, mastering and pressing of the first album/demo, and second of all, I am already itching to get started on the recording and arrangement of the next one. So its going to be an expensive winter. The sacrifice of sleep and freetime will be worth it in the long run.

What is it that I find so funny about 'Dr. Quinn: Medicine Woman' references?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work Payday advance online nba basketball