Thursday, August 04, 2005

The Road Ahead

The road trip is lingering over my head and it certainly makes going to work everyday pretty boring and difficult. Sure I don’t actually do anything, but in essence that makes the day go by even longer.

There’s something about a road trip that’s so freeing and so exhilarating. Maybe it’s the cutting all ties and refreshing my life with a month break of doing nothing but driving around hanging out with my best friend Sparky.

Should I be afraid of change? Cause the thing I’m noticing most is the way people have done nothing but say they wish they could do what I was doing, and just pick up and leave. So why don’t they…I guess change is difficult for some people. And I am leaving a lot of comforts and taking a big risk myself, so I guess I can understand why people would be afraid to take a step forward (or backwards) like I am about to do.

I am extremely optimistic about the decision already, even though I am leaving my job (which is pretty high paying), my family, my friends, and my Monday night gig at Manhattans, which has made me feel like a pseudo-local celebrity. I have already become more excited about my guitar playing and my future musical endeavors. I have been playing a lot more, and feel a lot more comfortable just jamming by myself and am beginning to notice how much I have improved in the last year.

So I cannot wait for what another year will bring, especially at the confidence and comfort level I have already reached…

1 comment:

GS said...

I am completely jealous of - and excited for - you.