Friday, August 05, 2005

My Take on Relationships

I am beginning to realize that if I wanted more people to read this blog and actually care what I have to say, I am going to have to start rambling about relationships. Dive into my old horror stories, and somtimes even good stories, but we all know the horror stories get the real attention. Of course Im not really going to do this...Im not going to turn my blog into www.wordsbyawordsmith.blogspot.com which was somewhat inspired by www.syracusesingle.blogspot.com. Not that there is anything wrong with that, its just not what my blog is intended for.

The recently popularity in my pal George's blog (words by a wordsmith) have made me start thinking about relationships myself. Not so much my relationships, I mean I suppose I think about those, or atleast deal with them everyday. Not too mention my brother was recently dumped and has confided in me for advice, cause he knows I have a colorful history with women. So its been on my mind...

It just cracks me up the way people love relationships...hearing about them, witnessing them being created and of course destroyed...Just look at the reality show boom, which was somewhat of an industrial revolution of TV drama. All these shows were created with one common theme. People are forced into relating with other people and drama ensues. And its great. And the ones with the most drama get the highest ratings...It boggles my mind that Temptation Island went off the air. That show was hilarious.

I mean even I love this crap. I recently got into the Real World cause I wanted to see Danny get his face busted in on the first episode...And BAM! I was sucked in for good.

Relationships are crazy...and addicting...I suppose they would have to be considering we deal with them everyday in every different way. But we sure do know how to exploit them.

God Bless America...

2 comments:

GS said...

No mention of elimidate - I was actually going to make a whole week of posts dissecting episodes of elimidate......


what was the name of the guy that was on the show 100 times.

Nick Shattell said...

Ken was on Blind Date five times in a row...and they have been re-showing them this week...lucky number five is on tonight...and by lucky I mean unlucky...

Elimidate this week is spy week, one of the "daters" is a spy brought in to dig up dirt for the chooser...Hilarious

I was gonna mention these shows, but they arent as popular as most reality shows...Plus its more of a first meeting type deal, whereas a lot of reality shows deal with the complete relationship process...be it friends, dating, or whatever...