Saturday, August 20, 2005

The First Day of My Life

So the road trip has started. I am currently sitting in a rest stop an hour East of Toledo writing this entry, which you will probably read a lot later. I decided to call it a night for driving, considering I am already way ahead of schedule and don’t have to be in Denver for three more days. That gives me plenty of time.

This is technically my first stop along the way, and I am going to fill my tank for the first time since I left when I head out in the morning. I did stop in Rochester for a Garbage Plate filled dinner. And it was delicious as usual. I went to Henrietta Hots and decided that there macaroni salad needs work. Other then that they have great garbage, or “hot”, plates. I also met this really old Black Guy named Ebons at this particular establishment and I realized that he must have invented Ebonics…Given his name, and the fact that I had no idea what he was saying.

Other then that the road trip has been pretty uneventful so far…obviously. I mean Ive driven through Pennsylvania, where the first road after entering is Gay Road, and Most of Ohio. Talk about the boring part of the trip. I mean Im sure its more fun then Nebraska, but we will find out this time around.

So right now Im going to go get some shut eye, so I can get an early start in the morning…and hopefully get to Chicago at a good time for driving.

I can fit my life in my car.
With the exception of my 12-String Guitar.

No comments: