Friday, June 02, 2006

When You Wake Up Feeling Old...

The last couple weeks have been quite awesome-tastic.

For starters I got to see Beck last week, and the Eels tonight. I was really impressed with both acts, moreso then I ever expected. Beck put on a fantastically entertaining show including a puppet show of the concert behind the actual concert on stage, and many other quirky entertaining things as well. I enjoyed the Eels much more, which has a lot to do with the fact that I am a much bigger fan of the Eels then I am of Beck. But overall I was more impressed with the individual musicianship of the Eels, as well as the overall rocking-ness of the show. I realize I am making up words, but you can look them up in the rhyming Beck-tionary. Anyways, go see either one of these acts if they come your way...

I also recently bought a Line 6 POD 2.0 for use in the studio. It is an amp modulator that was recommended to me by the producer in the studio I am recording in. It turns out it is quite the useful tool and has given me and Mike some beautiful tones to work with. Its taken our sound into a new direction that is more modern, and a lot more professional. Its also changed the way we approach things, and has gotten us a lot more involved in the collaborative writing process.

Mike will be joining me in the studio from here on out, and we will be writing a lot, if not all, of the songs together. I have decided to spend all the time it takes to put out a decent album rather then just a decent EP. So it could be a while before anything is distributed, but it will be worth it. Its going to take time and money which I am more then willing to spend. I have completed 2 sessions in the studio by myself, and things are looking very promising, and the stuff sounds great so far. I am excited to see where everything goes, and what happens over the next few months and months.

Other then that I am just hanging out and waiting for mid-june when I take off for Texas once again. My old pal Neil is going to be on R&R from Iraq and will be in Texas for a week. Then I will stick around and hang with Sparky for another week while we wait for Neil to show back up in Texas for a couple more days. Its going to be a great couple weeks which will mostly be spent in Dwights brand new house. Its a pretty sweet house, although my one sole mission is to infiltrate Dwight's master bedroom and take a big dump in there. I really should get some higher life goals.

So yeah June will be a low-key month for me, but hopefully things will start to take off this summer when I get back to Northern California. My plan is to start playing more shows in the Bay Area (starting off just acoustic) and also to get a job to help fund studio time and new and better equipment. Mike and I are going to keep practicing and writing every chance we get, and recording as well. For once I feel like I am moving in the right direction, and it is motivating me to work harder and harder.

Anyways, I felt like I should update cause its been so long. But its just another boring rant about my musical aspirations and blah blah blah. I love you. You. No not you. You. Ok you too.

No comments: