Friday, June 30, 2006

Self Titled Journal Entry

Texas was a blast. I got to do everything on my list of things to do before I die, and I didn't even have a list.

I got to eat giant turkey legs while watching the knights battle with swords, axes, and maces in an obviously rigged fight, because we all know the Blue Knight was superior to all the other Knights. I guess even he has to step down once in a while to let the other crappy Knights win. What I'm trying to say is that we went to Medieval Times. If you have one near you I highly recommend going, getting drunk, and getting rowdy. The best part is how it turns into a little kid night club with a dance floor and rap songs blaring when the fighting is all said and done. I wish Dwight bought me a sheild.

I got to barrel roll a TC-13 (I think that was the type of plane) straight into the ground from twenty thousand feet up, or at least simulate it. Thanks to Neil's overall popularity in every military base (because he is a war hero), Dave (Neil's brother) was able to pull some strings at his Airforce base to get Neil some time on a flight simulator. And of course Neil brought us with him, and it was awesome. Sparky is apparently a natural, so eventually when he forms his hippie militia, be prepared to be attacked from the sky. I got to go last, so when the time was up, the guy in charge just told me to crash the plane, which I had been waiting to do since I started, so I did...And I went out with style.

I ate a million burritos from all sorts of different mexican restaurants, I took a million trips to the airport and another million back from the airport. People were coming in and leaving the entire two weeks. We all got to hang out again for the first time since we all went to Denmark about a year ago. We went to Pete's Dueling Piano Bar and sang along to songs and requested 'Barbie Girl' and 'It's Raining Men'. We played 'Ghostbusters' as many times as we could on each Jukebox we encountered along the way. One bar manager cut it off before we made it to the first chorus in one bar. Neil gave them hell for that, and even got his dollar back. Hilarious.

I designed the website for my new music project not an Airplane. I watched season 1 of LOST over again so Sparky could see it, and I watched season 1 of Arrested Development again so Neil could see it. I even kept Sparky company when he went to see WWE's Vengeance at the Movie Tavern. A movie theatre that serves beer and food to you at your seat. Utopia.

It was a great couple weeks, and we packed a lot of stuff in. From Working on Dwight's House, to Working on my Happy Gilmore Drives at the driving range.

I am sad to leave it all behind, because I havent been so relaxed and care-free in a long time. Being around my friends helps me forget about everything I am ever worried about, and I barely even thought about the music, and I actually got some peaceful sleep. But of course its time to get back to work, for all of us. Neil is headed back to Iraq til November, and Sparky is headed to Finland for a film project opportunity, which I am excited about for him. And I am back in Northern California doing what I do. Ill be back in the studio July 11th, and I am looking for a part time job to pay those bills and the few other ones I have stocking up.

It was really good to see everyone again, and of course its only a matter of time until we all re-unite again. I couldn't have dreamed up a better two weeks.

Well now that I am done listing everything we did, I am going to go. Wasn't that journal entry exciting?

5 comments:

frillytoothpicks said...

It was exciting!
Medieval times rocks- especially the little kid dance party afterwards.

Who knew texas could sound so fun?

Nick Shattell said...

Hey dude

I will have an address soon...

You know what that means...

PenPals!!!

Unknown said...

I am jealous, I want friends like that. And um you still owe me a story buddy. It better be a damn good one too.

DwizzyRizzy said...

November buddy...November

Anonymous said...

What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
»