Wednesday, November 09, 2005

The New Order of Things

Where to begin...

I got a new job now. I am working for Total Validation Services - although I am hired through Global Turn Key Services - and am contracted out to do Validation work to various companies. TVS is using GTKS as a trial hiring period for me, because I came off as a 'Transient' during the interviewing process. They wanted to be sure I was comfortable here before considering me for permanent hire. However, California sucks, so the jokes on them. In the long run I will probably choose to stay with GTKS since they contract workers out everywhere, whereas TVS is only focused on Northern California.

The job I am at now involves a 65 mile commute which doesnt seem that bad, considering its all highway, but its also 4 lanes of solid non-moving California traffic. It took me close to 2 hours to get home last night. This is a major setback and makes me want to quit already. I mentioned to my boss that my car is leased and the commute is killing me, and he said this job will only be til mid-january then I will be contracted out to a company in Vacaville. So it will be worth it in the long run, cause they are paying me well. So a couple months of long drives, and then I will be ten miles or less from my new place of employment.

This job is easy. There is only one warehouse that needs to be validated which includes like 7 refridgerators, a few air handling units, and the HVAC system. Its all equipment validation. For those of you who dont know what I am talking about, its BORING. Thats all the details you need. So its gonna be a long couple of months, but like I said, will be worth it since I should be able to save enough money in the next year or so to pay off most of my loans, if not all...

On a lighter note, I have begun home recording my own originals. I have only written two so far, and recorded one...It sounds ok, but there were some timing issues since I could only record one track at a time. I have started a web-page through myspace, and you can hear my song, and get all updates there. There is a link to the right - just click on 'My Music' - Last night I went out and bought a USB powered interface so I could record 2 tracks together which will solve my vocal timing problem. So I will be re-recording the first song, as well as a new one I wrote the other day. So keep your eyes peeled on that site for new songs, and better quality recording.

McMahon is coming to see me tomorrow night, and we will probably spend most of the weekend partying in San Francisco for my birthday. It should be interesting if anything.

Congratulate me for posting the most boring update ever...

1 comment:

DwizzyRizzy said...

dude...that commute sucks.

I feel you man...I mean i wish i feel you

What I meant to say is I feel you man..let me know when your first track is fixed and you changed the second verse

That damn song has been stuck in my head for three days