Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Another Update

So as you know, I have quit my job and am strictly focusing on my writing, guitar playing, and showmanship. I have been writing a lot, meeting people in an attempt to network, recording, practicing the guitar, and just thinking about everything.

I realized tonight that my expectations are too high. I am hoping that things will move a lot faster then possible. I am expecting reactions and to be noticed. Not in a serious way or an infamous way. More like in the next step kindof way, where people enjoy my music, and other doors start to open. At the same time that has been happening and it is getting me excited about where that will lead. I mean by playing one open mic night a month ago, I met people who want me to sing in their band, and I have found two new places to play through them. I have also met a handful of other musicians doing the same thing I am doing. Some great, some average. I am learning more and more by the day about what I want to do, what I should do, and what I have to do...So its hard not to get too excited.

The bottom line is I just need to keep doing what I am doing. Writing and playing out every chance I get. Things will fall in place, as they always do. I just have to remember that.

After the New Year, I think I will get a bullshit job to pay for some studio time and will hopefully have enough material to finish my first demo album/EP...Who knows. I mean I have written 10 songs since November 4th and there are 4 or 5 of them that I love to play, and think are pretty solid songs. That is a good ratio to be working with. So we will see what the future brings.

1 comment:

DwizzyRizzy said...

personally I think it is good that you have such high expectations for yourself, you keep making new music that is quite good, and as long as you have those lofty expectations you will continue to do so....dont be to hard on yourself...idiot

and if you didnt take this shit so seriously I wouldn't be able to laugh at the fact that you consider playing at manhattens an upcoming show....because to me its just part of the normal routine