Sunday, January 14, 2007

Two Weeks In

The one 'resolution' I made was to stop avoiding the business aspect of the music I am making. I have been telling myself to start sending out annoying emails, and making phone calls galore to work on getting more and more shows and to increase exposure. While my number of annoying emails sent has dramatically increased in the last two weeks, I still am subconsciously avoiding taking huge steps. I just don't like the business side of it, despite the fact I know it is a necessity.

Honestly with the increased amount of studio time coming up, its actually alright because Mike and I need every spare second to prepare his parts for his upcoming sessions. If we were off running from town to town we would not have time to learn any of the new material and would be unprepared when it came time to record.

The good thing is we have met a lot of new great songwriters/friends who have helped us out with getting a lot more shows, and we have even somewhat established ourselves as a common occurence in the town of Modesto, CA. I hope to be able to return the favor someday.

A lot has happened this year already, and with the album getting closer and closer to completion every week, there is a lot more to come.

No comments: