Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Computer Generation Gone Too Far

Last night while watching TV, a dead person tried to sell me popcorn.

Not just any dead person either. A dead icon, whom we have all known, loved, ridiculed and mourned.

Yes last night on my TV, Orville Redenbacher returned from the dead looking as hip as ever with a fancy MP3 player (to somehow prove to us it wasnt old footage). It was then that he tried to explain to me that his popcorn is even lighter and fluffier then before - I'm not even sure what he was saying because I was in shock.

I mean I am all for computer generation, although if overdone it can ruin a lot of things (i.e. Star Wars), but this is going too far no matter how you look at it. There are certain ad mascots that will never disappear like the Energizer Bunny, but Orville needs to rest in peace.

So if you like Sadistic Popcorn, be sure to buy some from the rockin' Zombie.

2 comments:

Kritkrat said...

It makes me sick what Lucas did to Star Wars...

Nick Shattell said...

Don't get me started...

Just ask Dwight.