Friday, January 26, 2007

Stuart Little

Last night when I was driving home from work my car stalled. This isnt that big of a deal, unless you work sixty miles from your home, which I do. Luckily I had made it pretty far until this stalling happened, and even more so, the car started back up after sitting for a few minutes.

Not understanding anything about how computers work, I knew it would be a good idea to take it to the dealer in the morning, especially cause I needed an oil change anyways.

After being without vehicle for a couple hours, I finally got a call back from the Shellworth Chevrolet Service Department. It seems a mouse had made itself a little home in my engine, and managed to do some damage to a few wires.

This initially seemed like horrible news, because the Service Manager went on to explain how they would have to take the car apart to see just how extensive the damage was. I thought for sure they were going to make me even more poor then I already am.

I managed to luck out somehow, as the mouse did very minimal damage, and the only actual part that was broken is still covered under warranty, despite most of the car not being so. So I got off only having to pay for the oil change which could be argued as a positive note. However, I do have to sacrifice my car til Monday, since the part had to be ordered - this could be the negative side of the story.

So here I am, carless. I wish Stuart Little would stick to that mini convertible he has in the movies. What a dick. If he didnt sound so much like Micheal J. Fox I'd kick his ass.

1 comment:

Kezza said...

At least you're not driving a a scooter that stalls in the rain. More like downpour. Living near rainforests SUCKS!