Saturday, December 16, 2006

Roll Me On To New Madrid

I have been thinking about the New Year approaching, which is odd, since its not something I ever contemplate. But this year is different.

So much has happened in the span of 2006, its weird to be starting a new chapter, and that is exactly what I am doing. I have learned so much about myself, about self-expression and taken leaps and bounds in the right direction, and other leaps and bounds in the wrong direction. I believe I have come out on top so far, and no matter what I certainly got something out of all the good and all the bad.

Literally my life is being filed under the 2006 tab on the right hand side of this blog. For most of you, my life consists of what you read here, or find on my numerous other blogs and whatnot on this world wide web of information. To me this is a sign. At least its a representation of how I feel at this point.

I've gone from having nowhere but a couple open mics to having a couple (while low key) regular gigs to atleast keep my desire to play live in check. I've expanded my library significantly in the one year I have been writing songs, and I've even begun making a record of this library with one demo EP already complete, and a full length album on the way (which I am extremely excited about). And most importantly I have established a solid relationship with a couple great new friends and musicians...most notably Mike (obviously).

So what will 2007 bring? Hopefully a lot. I hate to be repetitive, but you know how I feel about predictions. I have a lot of things I want to do, and a lot of things I should do...but most importantly a lot of things I will do, and ultimately, those will be what makes the year what it is.

No comments: