Sunday, December 17, 2006

The Great Simpsons Watch of 2007

In honor of the monumentus release of 'the Simpsons' feature film this summer, I have begun the great Simpsons re-watch in which I will watch all the current existing Simpsons episodes in chronological order - minus Season 1.

Those of you nerds out there will simply declare it is blasphemous that I make this claim without watching Season 1. While Season 1 did provide us with the word 'KWYJIBO' (a big, dumb, balding ape with no chin), Santa's Little Helper, and the beginning of the Sideshow Bob saga, it simply isnt worth it to have to witness Marge's failed attempt at a love-affair with Jacques (the worst Simpson's character ever made), or the Lisa heavy episode in which we are introduced to 'Bleeding Gum's' Murphy.

Season 2 is arguably skippable as well. It starts off pretty slow with episodes like 'Bart Gets An F' and 'Simpson and Delilah'. Even the debut of the Treehouse of Horrors was a major disappointment even if it does pay tribute to the late Edgar Allan Poe. However, Season 2 does pick up a lot of steam and brings us a lot of classics like 'Bart Gets Hit By A Car', and 'Principal Charming'. Not too mention we find out Homer has a long lost brother, we witness the near death of Homer, and Bart even spends a brief stint as Mr. Burns' heir. It also contains cameo's from stars such as Ringo Starr, Dustin Hoffman, and Danny Devito. So really Season 2 is a great place to start, especially when you get to watch the NON-syndicated versions available on DVD Today!!!

Of course I will not get to watch all the episodes without running into syndication problems, because once I get past season 8 or 9, I will have to resort to the illegally downloaded episodes I have on my computer that were given to me by a friend (Thanks Nate).

And I know it would appear this will be the end of my life as I know it, but I do plan on pacing myself. I don't intend on watching all 18 seasons in the next month or two. I just intend to always have a disc in the DVD player so when the time comes, I can just watch another episode in the greatest saga ever told. I look forward to re-living every moment that I have been quoting and basing my entire life philosophy on for years.

**In Other Simpsons Related News:**

In tonight's episode, entitled 'Kill Gil, Volumes I and II', the intro was re-animated for (I believe) the first time in Simpson's history. I know the chalkboard and couch gag are 'always' different, but this time the entire thing was redone with a christmas theme, including Bart being on a snowboard instead of a Skateboard. The only time the intro has ever been completely redone was the one time they used real people (made in the UK of course). It was quite the day in Simpson's history as Gil finally got a shot as a central character, Smither's faced a little competition, and Poochie made another cameo in Krusty's Kristmas Ice Show as 'Matrix Poochie'.

I was moved.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

you're so fucking weird

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun...xD

Anonymous said...

keep your work, mate
http://www.ovpedia.com