Saturday, December 23, 2006

The Holiday Season

Tomorrow night I am boarding a plane which will eventually take me to San Jose, Costa Rica. It is there that I will look for a man named Fernando holding a sign that will signify I should go with him. Despite the fact that he doesnt speak any English, Kathy and I will be spending three hours or so in a truck with him on our way to Rancho Mastatal, which is where we will be spending our holidays.

Sparky is already there, and will be for about a month longer then us as well, so he will be awaiting our arrival. After Christmas, I believe we are heading to some nearby beach to hang out and do odd things, most of which I hope involve hammocks.

I have to say I am not looking forward to the actual act of travelling this time around. The nine hours on a plane is going to make me wish the feeling 'uncomfortable' was never invented. Followed by three hours of a bumpy truck drive...woohoo...Merry Fuckin' Christmas to me.

But once I actually get to the ranch it is going to be one hell of a great time. Although I don't know what to expect, my unknown expectations are in the high category. Anyone who has talked to Sparky in the last year, I'm sure you've heard all about it and understand.

I am looking forward to getting away from it all. I'm looking forward to relaxing, and freeing my mind of everything. No cell phone, no computer, no studio, no work - just me, a notebook for jotting thoughts, a headlamp to avoid snakes at night, a couple t-shirts, and a frisbee. I'm sure it will all go by much too fast.

2007 is on the way, and there is much to be done, so this will be my last vacation for a long time.

No comments: