Sunday, July 30, 2006

VCast My Ass

James Earl Jones and that dorky guy with the glasses who is always asking whether or not someone can hear him now have finally decided to start taking advantage of me.

I recently upgraded my phone and got the whole Mobile Web thing from Verizon Wireless. This allows me to do numerous things such as check my email, find movie times, directions, and even instant message people through AIM or Yahoo. Its turned out to be a nice little tool when I dont have my laptop with a wireless connection around.

But it turns out that if you are instant messaging people using AIM or any other form of instant messenger, ever message you recieve and send counts as a text message and goes into your usage. So apparently I pay a monthly flat fee for the web usage (roughly $15), but I also am supposed to pay for every single instant message that goes through this web I am already paying for.

This wouldnt be a huge deal, except everytime I am signed on both my computer and on my phone, I recieve messages on both. So if I was instant messaging you on the computer, every message you sent me also goes to my phone, and I get charged for it. So needless to say, I am getting dramatically ripped off, and not only that, but this was all never mentioned to me once when purchasing my new plan.

I am going to do my best to get out of these ridiculous charges, and of course, I am going to stop using my phone for instant messaging (which I have already done for the most part anyways). And if Verizon doesnt cooperate at all, they are going to lose a customer the same way Cingular did a few years ago, when they were always fucking up my bills.

Stupid Technology (except iPod's...mmm iPods).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info »

Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read »