Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Share and Share alike...

Whats up with those fancy-pants restaurants where everyone orders a dish or two and you share everything? I mean I know its probably common in a lot of cultures, especially when dealing with family type situations, but I've been to a couple of these places and had a couple different experiences.

The first time I went there was only about 4 of us, so it was kindof a huddled order to make sure everyone was happy. I got my fill of delicious meat products and we all drank liquor out of a giant bowl in the middle of the table with little plastic giraffes floating inside. It sounds crazy I know, but it was a lot of fun. Mainly because it was a small party and we all knew what each other would like.

The second time I went was still fun, but only cause I got lucky. There was about 10 of us this time, and we all ordered a couple small plates of food. The food was delicious and I did get to try some things I would have never thought of ordering, but I also turned down a lot of plates, cause who the hell wants to eat white bean salad while someone else is taking a mini burger off of my plate. Lucky for me, every guy at the table ordered the steak plate, so I pretty much had that one to myself. I'm not complaining, cause its cool to get together with everyone and sit around a big table and eat, but call me selfish cause I would much rather prefer to order my own food and then pick at everyone else's plates anyways.

3 comments:

DwizzyRizzy said...

i dont know....what is up with that?

Nick Shattell said...

Three

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.