Monday, July 17, 2006

I'm Alone, I'm an Easy Target

Tonight I start working at Target. Hooray! I got the 3am til 11am shift unloading trucks and stocking shelves. It ought to be about as much fun as working at Wal-Mart. In other words, none.

The good thing is it will give me a few hundred dollars a week to spend on studio time and new equipment. And its an easy job, so it will be stress free and will still give me a lot of freedom to keep the music going and whatnot.

The even better thing is that it will most likely be over before I know it. Kathy is working on getting me some contract work which would start within the next couple weeks if I am lucky. I will have to commute all the way to San Fran, which would suck on a lot of days, but I can make a lot of money in the 2 months or so that I would be working - which will in turn give me a lot of freedom to start promoting my debut album - which will hopefully be done around the same time the job will be done. - Octoberish.

So I've got to rearrange my schedule a little bit, and most days I won't be getting too much sleep. But we will see what happens, and hopefully things will work out pretty well. I'm more then willing to sacrifice a little sleep to keep the music going, and I am reaching the point where a little money is needed in order to do so. Hopefully the hard work will pay off and some doors will start to open...but I don't like to get into that these days...I just will work hard and see what happens.

The first official not an Airplane show is this thursday.

And to top off the week, a lot of great movies come out on friday. I love movies.

No comments: