Tuesday, May 17, 2005

The beginning of the end

I have joined the world of "blogging". Whatever that means.

I have recently joined the ever so growing age of technology by finally investing in a computer. I even managed to make it 5 years of college, three of which were spent on the most "wired" campus in America (Rochester Institute of Technology), without owning, or ever possessing a computer, or computer related device. Dont get me wrong, I use one all the time at work and in other past instances such as in computer labs at school and whatnot...but that still doesnt mean I know what the fuck a URL is.

I have passed the time somewhat exploring the internet and even have an extremely boring livejournal (www.livejournal.com/urbanjesus) mostly used for heckling my roomate and keeping myself entertained at work. Other then that the internet for me has only been a tool used to email my friends who live in various places all over the world, and as a source of musical resources.

So now due to the influences of the ever so sexy and talented Neil Suchin Prakash (www.avengerredsix.blogspot.com) and the multi-talented irish hippy Brian Patrick O'Rourke (www.sparkythenomad.blogspot.com), I have decided to start my own blog. One where I will attempt to explore the far reaches of the universe, and discuss my ideas about life, music, and ancient egyptian caligraphy...and who knows, maybe even invent time travel in the process, cause lord knows if anyones gonna do it, its gonna be someone with a weblog...

No comments: