Monday, August 06, 2007

The Simpsons

So what is there to say about a movie that I have been waiting for for 10 years or more, that not only met my expectations, but exceeded them? Where can I go from there?

I guess my biggest fear was the movie being a 'longer episode', but this was certainly not the case. This movie had all the charm and pizzazz of the Simpsons I have come to love, but with a big screen summer blockbuster attitude. The animation, the music, the story, it was all pure movie material. I should have known Matt Groening would not have let me down.
This movie had everything whether you have been watching the Simpsons for the last 18 years or not. On top of that it contained things like a Stampy cameo, Nelson's inability to resist laughing at someone's misfortune, and - most noteably - the final jumping of Springfield Gorge to give us Simpson's fanatics our little inside humor (despite most of it being from within the first 5-10 seasons).
The Simpsons is going as strong as ever and its great to see the Movie is right there in the front of the pack. I may be biased, but I dare you to go to this movie and not have a great time.
It may not be the best movie ever, but it's certainly one of the best this year, and one of the most consistent comedies I have seen in a long time. It is definitely the best Simpson's Movie...
The best Simpson's Movie so far...

1 comment:

Other Brother said...

this is the greatest movie review I have ever read in my life




so far