Thursday, August 09, 2007

The Bourne Ultimatum

What I expected from this movie - At least one really cool fist fight scene, a lot of action (specifically defined by the question 'Where the hell is Bourne?!'), and very little to no story that was any different then the Bourne Supremacy.
What I got from this movie...exactly that.
Dont get me wrong, I was entertained, but for some reason I just didnt care about what happened to Jason Bourne anymore. Maybe it was me, or maybe it was the movie, its hard to say.
I let out a sigh of relief when they managed to avoid the love story between him and Nicky Parsons for at least one more movie, but I winced in pain at the rooftop confrontation scene between Bourne and the Asset (but I can't wait for the spin-off movies starring Edgar Ramirez as he searches for his past - note sarcasm).

Does what Bourne finds out about his past make the movie any more exciting? No. Do we even find out everything? Of course not.

Im sure the fourth movie will tell us all about how Bourne volunteered for this project because of one reason - Nicky Parsons...

5 comments:

Kezza said...

I'm sad that my blog doesn't have a link under your Friends section. What's up with that?

Nick Shattell said...

Im waiting til you move back to America...crazy Aussies don't deserve links...

sparkythenomad said...

I can't wait until the cartoon Jason Bourne Jr. comes out!

Nick Shattell said...

Its funny cause I was talking about James Bond Jr. the other day and I was basically Ostracized from the conversation...and I dont mean I turned into an Ostrich...although that would have the same effect...

Hmmm now I know where that word comes from...

Kezza said...

Ummm... I've been living with George in Colorado for almost a month now :-P