Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Remember The Alamo?

No not that really shitty movie starring Dennis Quaid and Billy Bob Thornton as Davey Crockett...Man that movie sucked...

Moving on, I recently visited the lovely state of Texas and spent some time doing all sorts of things like playing softball, going to dueling piano bars, and visiting overrated zoos. I did have a lot of fun and drank more booze in one week then I have in months.

Softball was fun even though I sucked up the place offensively...including a one-strike strikeout in overtime. However I did make a sweet tag out at the plate (I was catcher) to keep us from losing in the bottom of the 7th. Of course if Texans could play centerfield we wouldnt have been in such a pickle to begin with.

Pete's Dueling Piano Bar was sweet. It consisted of a couple prolific piano players leading drunken sing-a-longs for tips and just for the sake of a good time. I even got to shoot the shit with one of the piano players and we talked of music and bands and such. Dwight got hammered and we all sang a song about his little penis while he sat on the piano telling one piano player that his sister was lousy in bed. Little did everyone know, Dwights nickname is Girth Brooks for a reason. So if you have a Pete's Dueling Piano Bar near you, make sure you give it a visit sometime.

And as for the Fort Worth Zoo I have to say its a bit overrated. I mean its obvious they did a nice job organizing it and there are a lot of cool activities for little kids like rhino-go-karts or something like that, and a mini-train ride through the 'safari'. Of course it ought to be really nice considering they charged an arm and a leg to get inside. It was close to eleven bucks for adults to get in. So yeah it was setup nice, but I found the animals to be lacking overall. Sure I did get to see a monitor and a hippo...A couple animals I havent seen yet and often think of eating, but I wasnt too impressed with the overall selection. They had some giraffes which are always cool, but they seemed a bit short. Dont get me wrong it wasnt too bad...and if it wasnt so overpriced and overrated as one of America's Best Zoos, I would have been quite impressed.

So Texas was fun. My asshole is still suffering from all the beer and mexican food, but I still had a blast. It was good to see Dwight again and its always good to see Sparky. Dwight's house looks awesome from the model home he showed us and I cant wait to live in it someday. Or at least visit it a lot and kill that stupid fatass cat he loves so much.

But for now its back to the music and we have our first show tomorrow night at a small club/bar. I am excited. I have also been thinking of doing some more solo stuff because the other band members school schedule is so demanding right now. I am putting some serious thought into doing a lot more solo acoustic shows and possibly even recording an acoustic album. I think I will do some experimenting with recording it on my laptop and try to learn a few things about the software I own, as well as the overall science of mixing silence and sound...

2 comments:

DwizzyRizzy said...

Texas misses you, come back soon buddy

sparkythenomad said...

I love you sport.