Saturday, March 25, 2006

I Wrote a Song About a Train One Time...

Tonight I started work on my seperate project from The Human Fund...I met up with my friend Chris who plays the keyboards, and dabbles in a few other instruments (including the Ukelele), and we talked over some ideas and jammed on some of my new originals, a few of my old favorites, and some covers we both enjoyed...We swapped some influences and gave each other some listening homework and an overall good vibe was shared.

We have plans to record some stuff together and see how that goes, and of course to play some shows together as well...We will be starting off small playing coffee houses and whatnot until we are ready to move up from there. Much like the situation I am in with The Human Fund.

Chris is of course, very busy...as it turns out, most people have to have jobs and cannot devote their lives to playing music with me. But because it is just Chris and I, it will be very easy for him to learn the material on his own using stuff I have recorded and fake sheets and whatnot. It will be a fun learning experience and a new outlet for me to try some new things.

I would love to say that I foresee one giant project forming out of the two, and good things coming out of everything, but I dont like to make predictions cause they lead to expectations and that can trap you in a corner.

One thing I know is that there was some drama surrounding the formation of this side project and things were taken out of context and communication barriers were not overcome for a while. Things have been worked out, and I am trying not to keep everyone in the dark about what I am thinking...But I am much more motivated about everything, even moreso then before, but I also have a general understanding of the fact that it is going to take time before I try to jump into anything too big. Id rather do it right, then be unprepared when the time comes, especially because we are somewhat going through a transitional phase, or at least heading into one in the near future. There is no telling what will happen, who is staying and who is going, and what will be left. But they are a great bunch of guys and a great bunch of musicians, and as long as we are in the same vicinity, I imagine we will be playing music together in some form. I wouldnt be on the same level without them, and that goes for all of them...

Im not one to worry about the future, as I have said numerous times in this blog...but I do hope everything works out for everyone...and most of all I hope I can maintain all this creativity and experimentation and overall drive to try new things without stepping on anyones toes...and I hope everyone understands my need for something new...and most of all I hope they understand that doesnt mean discarding the old...

So anyways keep your eyes peeled for a number of things...

  • The Human Fund Demo - We are working on trying to get a handful of songs tracked out before Picnic Day, so we will have something to hand out to everyone...Its gonna take some time and a lot of hard work, but we will be doing everything we can...Ryan and I have already started laying down the drum tracks...
  • The New Project - I will be working with Chris on doing some recording on this stuff as well...Once we get some stuff worked out keep your eyes peeled for a new myspace site, and other such things dedicated to said project. It will be a while, but like I said the wheels are in motion.
  • New Material - I have been trying to write a lot more and will be writing new songs for both projects. Some may even be shared and tweaked one way or the other. Also keep your eyes peeled for more covers, cause we need to expand our library a bit...I hope you all like the Cars!
  • More Shows - Of course I will be doing what I can to get shows more and more, and with both projects getting off the ground, there will essentially be twice as much to see. Once we get our demos recorded, we will be lookin to branch off into the Bay Area and other bigger better places nearby...

Well Im done talkin shop...I hope this has been informative, and even moreso I hope I can live up to all the hype I just laid out on the table...

No comments: