Thursday, June 07, 2007

A 'Pizza' My Heart...

So yesterday I went to a new pizza place right here in Vacaville called 'Amici's', which claims to be an 'East Coast Pizzeria'. Seeing as how I am from the East Coast I decided to check it out.
I have to say I wasn't dissatisfied.
I have been in California for over a year and a half now and I have never found a slice of pizza that has been to my liking after living in New York my entire life. I am no pizza conneiseur by any means (as a matter of fact I just love food), but even below average New York pizza is better then most California pizzas I have had.
The good news is, this place Amici's was pretty damn good. The prices were a bit steep, but they had a lot more to offer then just New York style pizza. Overall it seemed like a pretty good restaurant for a hot friday night date or something.
Most importantly I urge all of you Native Californians to get over there (or to your nearest Amici's), order a New York style pizza with pepperoni, sprinkle some parmesan on it, and eat it. It may not be exact, but it is definitely the closest you will get around here.

No comments: