Friday, May 18, 2007

Where The Red Fern Grows...

So I started a new job...blah blah blah.
Im doing the same type of work I have been doing on and off since I got out of school. Although technically I am just sitting around doing nothing right now, cause its only my second day. Its a much better company then I have worked for in the past, in that I have a great benefits package and the money is great. Not to mention there is a lot of room and opportunity for advancement and professional development at this company. Which isnt a big deal to me at this stage in my life, but is still good to have on the back-burner.
The transitional phase is a little stressful, as I am used to being able to work on and practice music all day (which I have been doing for the past few months). So I am a little stressed about my lack of practice and time for music, but I will be able to find a balance as I get settled.
The bottom line is, I need the money. Music is and will always be my top priority, but with my finances the way they are without this job, there is no way I would be able to keep things going. The only reason I have been able to so far is because Kathy is the greatest and most supportive girlfriend in the universe.
So its back to the working life for me. Which means nights will be dedicated to practicing and promoting and all that good stuff. So my freetime is much more limited, but I suppose it comes with the territory, and its not like it isnt worth every second to me.
So I thought I'd update, cause its been awhile, and it beats reading SOPs...

No comments: