Friday, October 06, 2006

Nothing's Changed All Over Again

What to say, what to say?

Its been a pretty monumental week. Ok, so maybe monumental wouldn't be the way you would describe your week, but it has been an important one for all of us.

First of all, 'Lost' season 3 started two days ago. And let me tell you it was well worth the wait. I can't go into details, as there are readers of this blog who are still catching up, but I can atleast say that within the first 2 minutes of the episode I was shitting myself as a reminder of how great this show truly is. If you haven't seen it, it is well worth the purchase of Season 1 and Season 2 to get caught up.

And speaking of TV shows, 'South Park' opened up with a bang. That show gets better and better, and I know its been a long time since they started stepping away from using mostly shock humor, but I am just beginning to realize it and have been watching a lot of 'South Park' to get caught up. They have a lot of clever episodes that I haven't seen, and I feel all the better for catching a few here and there.

And of course there is 'the Office', which is proving to be the funniest show on the air once again, especially now that 'Arrested Development' was cancelled and that 'Scrubs' hasnt started yet. Oh wait, I forgot 'Family Guy'...Oh wait, that is the second worse show ever made (the first being 'American Dad').

Seth Macfarlane is less funny then my onstage banter.

Speaking of me being on stage, I just got back from playing my first show in San Francisco at a place called the Red Victorian. It was a lot of fun, despite the late notice, my unpreparedness, and the small crowd. I am still working on the nerves when playing alone. I got so used to playing with Mike this last year, I feel a lot more naked up there by myself, and there is no one to cover my ass when I screw up. But I have a lot of shows coming up, so that will hopefully change, cause most of them will be just me. Despite all that, I love playing more then ever, and get really antsy to play if I have to wait even a week to play again. Which is good motivation and will force me to stop talking about it and start hitting up open mics this winter and whatnot.

Even the little bit I have put myself out there has turned out to be a blast, and I've already met a lot of cool musicians, and people in general. I look forward to what this city has to offer.

What does it say about my own self-confidence that I posted about TV before my first ever show in San Francisco? I love TV.

No comments: