Tuesday, May 09, 2006

One Potato Couch Potato

Well its back to dwelling on a couch for me for a while.

I am currently crashing with my bandmates in their house occupied by five dudes and five birds. I share a room with the birds. The only difference is, I get a leather couch and they get cages. But they also get a bowl of food and water, where as I have to fend for myself. Whats that about? Lucky birds.

I have also acquired every Simpsons episode on my computer, so needless to say my production has been very slow the last couple of days, since I have done nothing but watch said episodes while sweating my nutsacs off on my leather couch house in ninety degree heat.

On a more productive note, I have also been looking for studios to start recording my acoustic album. I have found a studio in Sacramento that seems very professional, but also very expensive, which I suppose goes hand in hand. I am meeting with them on thursday to talk over ideas and get a tour of the studio. I am excited, mainly because their professionalism may result in something I am actually content with. I think they will be a huge help in getting my ideas out of my head and into something with substance. But only time will tell.

I am looking forward to meeting them and getting things started, although it may mean some financial cutbacks on my part. I am already looking for a part time job to help pay for this, and I am even debating holding off on purchasing a new amp when my tax return check gets here. But I have never been one to have will power and the ability to save money. Although I have also never been one to have future aspirations...

Either way, I am going to see The Eels on June 1st, which is going to be cool. And I will most likely be partying in Texas mid june with the whole crew including Neil and Sparky at the same time, for the first time since we went to europe for Neils wedding a little over a year ago. So needless to say, only hilarity will ensue.

2 comments:

DwizzyRizzy said...

I think you purposely exclude me from all conversations about neil coming to town cause you hate me


sad face

Nick Shattell said...

Dwight Dwight Dwight.

I dont think you realize the magnitude of me, Sparky and Neil being together at the same time again. These events always lead to something like 'The Blair Bitch Project' or 'Riding in Cars with Boys'.

Needless to say the hilarity is only going to increase as we throw you into the mix.

Especially because you are so sensitive, and I am going to make fun of you a million times more to impress Neil.

Take one for the team and suck it up!!!!!