Thursday, October 20, 2005

We Know Funny...

Is there anyone out there as pissed off as I am at those TBS commercials where they have an office that people call and tell people whats funny?

I mean where do they get the nerve telling us what we can laugh at and what we cant. I can remember when this station was used for mainly old sitcoms and made for TV movies, and now because they show Home Improvement and Everybody Loves Raymond we are supposed to hold them as kings of comedy...Or as they say..."We know funny".

Sure they show some great shows these days, like Seinfeld, and even Futurama...and of course there are some people out there that would argue Family Guy. (To avoid any chance of being called a hypocrite, I wont tell you my opinion on how un-funny Family Guy really is.) Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, and in that respect, their own sense of humors. I for one have always had a different sense of humor then most people...and TBS is robbing us of our right to think whatever we want is funny. They are starting off slow with these lame commercials, but who know whats next. The idea has been planted.

But Im telling you I wont stand for it. No man/woman behind a desk can tell me how much to laugh at situations. I dont care if they dont think its funny, if society doesnt think its funny, or what...the bottom line is, if I think its funny, I am going to laugh. Cause if Reader's Digest has taught us anything its that Laughter is the best medicine.

3 comments:

sparkythenomad said...

TBS! Get it? Tuberculosises!

DwizzyRizzy said...

Yeah I get it Sparky...

TB is the traditional Abreviation for tuberculosis

and the S usually donoates a plural classification of a noun and since tuberculosis ends in an "s", you put "es"

hence TBS = Tuberculosises

God I am smart and thats funny, isnt that right dickey?

Nick Shattell said...

TBS is nothing to joke about!!!