Tuesday, October 25, 2005

A Long Overdue Update...

So the Dickey and Sparky connection is once again a thing of the past. And we are both left with our stories to tell and our seperate paths until they cross yet again in the future.

I have ended up in Vacaville, California where I got a job for Total Validation Services and will be contracted out to work for Genentech, a large pharmaceutical company based all over California. Now I havent officially been hired, or started working, but I have been informed that I should be hearing from them this week, and starting the first week of November. So its back to the ole Protocol writing and Validator 2000 training with me. Piece of cake...Piece of really boring cake. But its no big deal, because I should be able to save money quickly, thus making it easier for me to get back on the road and possibly meet up with Sparky. We have major plans for the next few years as far as travelling goes, but nothing is written in stone...such is life.

So in my freetime I have been reading and writing (link to my poetry on the right), creating and absorbing new music, and just kindof thinking. Its been great, but its been maddening at times. The things I want to do, and the things I have to do are clashing again but this is a problem that is easy to solve. Like Ive already said, a solution has already been found. Time is all it will take now...and we all have plenty of that.

Sparky is back in Costa Rica already, and Dwight is in Texas. I am leaving tomorrow for a week long visit with Dwight where we will tear up the city of Dallas with jokes about their beloved Emmitt Smith. Next I will return here to this hotel room in Cow-Ville and hopefully begin working. A month or so later I will be back in Syracuse for the Christmas holidays, and will hopefully be able to see everyone I want to, and maybe play a couple nights at Manhattan's again...I have missed that. Mcmahon will be joining me here the weekend of my birthday and we are going to head to the Bay area for some tomfoolery and whatnot...It will be fun, as crazy antics are always involved when Mcmahon is entered into the equation.

So thats it...I am just chillin. I havent become complacent in this room yet, and have been too full of thought to be bored, so I havent ventured much into the world Northern California has to offer yet. Although that will change soon, especially when I get some money in my pocket and start roaming the nearby cities for Open-Mic Nights...

Although I have been to the Sacramento Zoo, and they didnt even have any bears...

2 comments:

DwizzyRizzy said...

No bears?? thats gay....the Dallas/Fort Worth zoo has bears...I would fire California

Nick Shattell said...

We are going to the zoo while I am there...kapeech?