Wednesday, January 04, 2006

What Will the New Year Bring?

Well I am back from my brief holiday stint in New York visiting family and friends, that wasnt that brief at all. 16 days at home, most of them spent entertaining myself in the wonderful eventless world of Syracuse, NY.

I played a few shows and the setlists can be found by clicking the link to the right that says 'My Setlists'. This is another new blog I started to keep track of what I am playing and when, and other anecdotes from 'the road'. Check it out.

Other then that, it was good to be home, visiting that is. Visiting and that is all. It was being home that made me realize how glad I am to have gotten out of there, and out of the rut I had been stuck in there. By the time I had left there I was tired of playing music and wasnt really enthusiastic about much. Being out here, and being in the position where I can focus my energies on myself, I have re-kindled my passion for the whole music scene, and now wish I was playing a lot more. The days I am not onstage are the ones where I grow restless. I wish I could fast forward time and be at a point where I am playing shows on a regular basis, and even more so with my band.

I am extremely excited about what this year is going to bring. Sparky is coming back to the states, Neil will be out of the army by the end of this year, and I am starting serious work on my band and music. I have huge goals for myself and for the music, but there is a shitload of work that needs to be done in the meantime. More work then I have ever done on any job in my life...but for once I am into the work.

First things first I need to get a demo...acoustic and with the band...

Heres to 2006!!!!

3 comments:

frillytoothpicks said...

here's here's! just watched Rushmore, as you suggested and "ooh la la" by the faces was the last song. Didn't realize that was what you covered that christmas eve night. you rock :)

DwizzyRizzy said...

oh hi dickey, i just wanted to chime in and say i love you

sparkythenomad said...

Happy Birthday!
I hope you are in Syracuse when I get there, so we can drive to Texas together. It's my new favorite place... that Texas. I can't wait to have a favorite high-school football team and go to all of their games with my face painted.