Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Extended Stay Awake America

Well there is nothing left to do today except write. I can still spend my freetime and sleepless nights doing that I suppose.

My writing has slowed down a bit since the beginning of the band. I have been focusing a lot of my efforts on getting everything organized, self promotion, and of course practicing the electric guitar (rhythm and a little lead) because I have become so accustomed to playing by myself over all these years. It is a totally different style and if you are only used to one or the other, its quite difficult to seperate them at first. We all have been working hard. Ryan (the drummer) and I usually get together two days a week to work on songs, since the drum parts are the least written so far. Then we all get together on friday nights and sunday nights and throw everything together to see how it all works out. And of course there is an occasional drunken jam session in there. So it eats up a lot of time.

Neil is heading back to Iraq tomorrow. As much as I dont worry about him because he has such a level head and I know he is the man, it does suck. He was finally back in the states and within hanging out distance at least once a month or two, and now he is heading back overseas. Sure he does get to be with his wife, Laura, who is one of the coolest people ever...but we need some Neil over here as well...Haha. In thirteen months they will both be back in the states and then all hell will break loose. I am posting this hilarious picture of Neil as a reminder of the great times to come.

I am also heading back to Syracuse in a month. I am meeting Sparky back there for a short road trip as he moves to Texas to live with Dwight and work for a while (although at this point I am not 100% sure what Sparky's plans are). I will be in Syracuse for roughly six days starting on the 21st of February and I fly back here on the 5th of March. So I wont be gone too long, but long enough to where I will definitely need to get back and keep the band going. I am looking forward to spending some high quality time with two of my best friends...Sparky and myself (just kidding Dwight).

My sister is getting married in October so there is that. My older brother Tony is expecting his third child so there is that...I mean there is news all over the place. I just dont think about it that often unless someone asks. I dont know why...thats just the way it is.

Things are going great - for everyone - its awesome. Everyone is reaching this decision making point in their lives and everyone I can think of seems to be following through pretty nicely on their decisions and overall goals. Its great to see your friends and people around you succeed. And I am not talking monetarily...cause contrary to popular belief that is not the only form of success...Don't get me wrong I know a lot of people that are doing just that, and as long as there is a smile on their face during, thats the success Im talking about.

On that note...I leave you with this obviously divine photograph which was not doctored in any way.
Picture was actually quite manipulated using technology.

2 comments:

DwizzyRizzy said...

That is funny...you win again dickey...

sparkythenomad said...

hahahahahahahaha! little do most people know, you were sleeping against a pipe when that picture was taken. and then, we garnished you with lemons. i guess you were just sending your spirit elsewhere... right behind us! i feel blessed... and horny being next to that hot indian kid.