Wednesday, February 01, 2006

One Month in...

Well we are one month into the new year and already a lot has happened. Sometimes its hard to believe its only been a month. Since I got back here to California on January 3rd I have been practicing with the new band, and we have even started playing some shows together. Granted they have only been acoustic sets and open mics, but still...its only been a month.

We are even on the verge of recording our very first demo, which will open up even more doors and create even more work for us. I am beginning to gain a lot of respect for the band situation. There is a lot more sweat and a lot more organization that goes into it then working alone. The collaboration process is something completely new to myself and I am learning little by little. I am even starting to get an idea of how I would like my songs to sound, kindof a slight taste for composition. I am no Mozart for sure, but the point is I am learning and developing as a songwriter and musician. More so as a songwriter. Of course I still have a lot to learn, and I look forward to the many adventures on the way.

In other news, Sparky is coming back to the states in a few weeks and I am meeting him in Syracuse, New York. We will be hanging out there for about three days, and then start heading south. We are meeting Dwight in St. Louis, for the sole purpose of being able to say 'So Long Screwy, See you in St. Louie' and having it properly apply. From there we will end up in Texas where we will celebrate Dwights birthday by going to the Zoo and to Medieval Times. Theres no better way to celebrate getting a year older then eating giant turkey legs and washing them down with big steins of beer. Or so I have been told.

Then I fly back here and its back to work with the band. As much work as it is, I love every second of it and look forward to every chord I play and every word I sing. Especially when it is in front of people. Thats when it really gets fun. Of course its always fun, but theres something about being up on stage that really makes me want to let loose and rock. Now if only I could play something besides mid-tempo folk music. Haha.

3 comments:

DwizzyRizzy said...

um we are going to mid-evil times?? hooray.....who's gonna buy the tickets?

Nick Shattell said...

I was just assuming that we would end up doing something along those lines...

We probably wont end up going, since I will most likely push you into the lions cage and run off with Sparky...

I will convince him that it is the life you have chosen.

Little will he know that I will be 'lion'.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

DwizzyRizzy said...

rooooooooooooarrrrrrrrrr happy birthday to me!