Friday, December 09, 2005

The Truth about Vacaville

I just got back from the midnight showing of "The Chronicles of Narnia" (My review can be found by clicking the link to the right labelled "My Reviews" - Beware of Spoilers) and I have to say, spending that much time in a theatre with a generally young vacavillian crowd has opened my eyes just to what this spanish translated "cow town" is all about.

It seems to me that they are much behind the times. I mean they were all fascinated with picture phones and kept showing each other the funny pictures that came up when so and so called. I mean Ive never even had a picture phone and I dont even find it interesting that its possible. There were also kids that dressed "punk" because it was cool, not because they were punk. How do I know...simple, I overheard one talking about how he works at MERVYN's which is a lesser known Wal-Mart. What kindof punk throws on a polo-shirt and goes to work as a corporate whore everyday. But after work, he is cool, cause he wears Chuck Taylors and dresses like the Ramones.

Not too mention they think that stupid things are funny. Of course this usually describes all of America in general. And the cheering at movie theatres is so "Star Wars Special Edition Release"...I mean get with the times people. Some kids were even yelling out "I cant wait to see Star Wars" in line and during the wait in the theatre, thinking it was hilarious. But that joke is so "Harry Potter"...Man vacavillians are lame.

I dont really know if I expected any better, especially because it was probably all high school kids who had nothing better to do, much like myself, who has been suffering from some major insomnia lately. Although does it count as Insomnia if you sleep during the day?...Probably not...

My biological clock is all fucked up, and its gonna be ridiculous when I am back in Eastern time for the holidays considering I never fall asleep til around 4 or 5am here...which translates to 7 or 8am there...Whoopee.

No comments: