Monday, March 05, 2007

Skiing is for Fags...

Well its official, I'm a snowboarder...and we all know that makes me way cooler then people who ski. I mean lets face it, we have better style, and we are way more badass. So if you guys know any skier jokes, let me know.

In other words, we went to Tahoe while Sparky was here and I took a crack at snowboarding (I'm holding two snowboards cause Kathy was there too, duh). My favorite part was learning by going as fast as I can and forcing myself to learn control and faceplanting hilariously a lot. Im pretty sure I gave myself whiplash.

So I have been slacking on the blogging I know, but I've been especially busy since Sparky was in town and the recording sessions are coming to a close. I am in the studio three days a week now mixing and soon to be mastering. The album will be ready for pressing by the end of March.

Not too mention I have been playing show after show after show. The band is up and running and we already have played three full band shows. Ive also continued to do the solo acoustic shows with my friends Tara Tinsley and Jon Valenti. Its been a busy time, which is good, and hopefully it will keep getting busier.

Unfortunately work has slowed down for me a lot. Although after the album is done I am going to try to get a full time local job so I can save up some money again for new equipment we need and for the overall expense of keeping the music going.

In even worse news, Sparky is gone. He has moved to Seattle for the time being. He is a million times closer and cheaper to reach, so that is a plus, but I was looking forward to having him around for a bit. Secretly my heart is broken. *Tear*

Whatever happened to that show 'Change of Heart'? Man that was a great show.

6 comments:

frillytoothpicks said...

go boarder!!!

hey, just to let you know - you were 3 hours closer to colorado and you didn't take that miniature extra stride to visit the ROCKY mountains (and by extension, me). i'm keeping a tally on every step you take east and how many times you've reached visiting me but not actually visited.

sparkythenomad said...

Jim asked me why you are holding two snowboards in that pic. He figured that someone convinced you they were skis.

Nick Shattell said...

I should have used a snowboard on my hands two and went down the hill on all fours like Zoidberg would do.

Live and learn.

Nick Shattell said...

My hands two too? Too?

Toodely-oo.

Anonymous said...

I'd rather see a picture of your hot girlfriend - where's her picture?

Nick Shattell said...

She is too hot for any blog.