Friday, July 28, 2006

Animation Proclamation

I got my animated movie fix today with the anticipated viewing of 'Monster House'. For those of you who know me, I am a huge fan of animated movies, and combine that with the Zemekis, Spielberg combination, who are best known for their work together on 'Back to the Future', and you've got one happy Nick.

I haven't seen an animated movie in the theatres in a while. Since 'Wallace and Gromit' actually. There are a lot I wanted to see, but never got around to it. Like 'Over the Hedge', 'Hoodwinked', and 'Cars' even. I can honestly say 'Cars' doesnt look to thrilling, but Pixar has never failed to satisfy me.

And its that time of the year where the animated movies start piling up to. 'Open Season' and 'The Barnyard' are coming up, and the list will just keep going on.

I don't know what the point of this post was other to express my love for animated movies, and to say that 'Monster House' was good. It wasnt your average 'the house is alive...ooo' scary story. There was a hint of originality, despite the obvious 'Goonies' character influences. Its a fun filled adventure for the whole family!!!

And you get to see the preview for 'Night at the Museum' which looks great. Ben Stiller you've done it again.

No comments: