Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Welcome to America

I spent the weekend in Texas and was told this exact phrase once a few Texans had found out I was from another state. I guess Dwight was right afterall, people in Texas are insane with thier own state pride. The real depressing part about that is that their state pretty much sucks, and we certainly dont need it. I mean what has ever come out of Texas besides David Karesh and Micheal Irvin?

Dont get me wrong I did have a lot of fun there, I always do when Sparky and Dwight are involved. Throw in Darrel and a movie theatre that serves beer to your seat and you got yourself a great weekend. I also ate a lot of mexican food, and even spent some time at a rodeo. The rodeo itself was quite boring, but I was amused by watching Dwight drool over sixteen year old cow-girls and by my underlying hope that someone would get gored in the ass by a bull.

After the rodeo we went to a small bar and listened to a pretty decent country/rock band while a 70 year old ex-hooker hit on us and danced for us. We took a couple hilarious videos of her dancing which we will be posting for everyone to see on myspace, so check that out. Its disturbingly hilarious to see.

So it was an awesome weekend of relaxing and watching bad movies all night. I only slept around 8 or 9 hours the entire friday - monday trip. It caught up to me on the plane ride home and I crashed hard. Of course that didnt last because for some reason I am still awake now. But at least the new Flaming Lips album is out, so I have something to do. Not too mention I was awoken this morning when Sparky got hit by a car on his way to work - since he rides a bike. He is ok and everything, but you know I was worried for a second or two. I wonder if he realizes how biker friendly Northern California is? - HINT HINT.

Anyways, Im glad to be back, cause I have a lot of recording and other such music related work to attend to - however I sure do miss those guys already.

1 comment:

sparkythenomad said...

We miss you too buddy. We miss you too.
I'm scared of people in Texas now. Real scared.