Sunday, July 31, 2005

Has There Ever Been a Worse Time...

So the dates have been made official.

On August 22nd, I will be picking up my pal Sparky in the Colorado airport. From there we will head to Seattle for the Bumbershoot Music Festival.(http://boxoffice.onereel.org/sites/bs05/tickets/)

I am especially excited about this since I have not been to a good show in a long time, and my hero Trey will be headlining one of the nights (Saturday night September 6th to be exact). Not too mention a four day pass to the festival only runs around $60. Which is pretty close to what I would have to pay to see most bands for one night. And of course Sparky knows millions of people everywhere, so finding a couch to stay on in Seattle will be as easy as making Tacos in Mexico.

After Bumbershoot we really have no set plans...Other then to be in Great Falls, Montana by the 14th of September in order for Sparky to prepare for his brother's Wedding on the 24th. We may end up camping in Riggins, Idaho again, or who knows what. And the 2 weeks or so in Montana will of course be a blast. Hitting up Open Mic nights again, and of course Jim's Wedding, which Dwight and Kathy will be flying in for.

So the bottom line is I cannot wait to quit my job, and begiin the next adventure of my life. Ive finally got through the boring chapter in my Choose your Own Adventure Book, and am faced with an easy choice of staying in this monotous job, or taking a risk and having some fun for a while. So it will be interesting to see where this chapter takes me. I am very optimistic about the whole thing.

So why is the title of this entry so negative...?

Check this out...http://www.martinguitar.com/artists/display_artist.php?d=319

Martin has released the Trey Signature Acoustic Guitar...The low end runs $5200. I have always anticipated the release of a Trey Signature Guitar, and looked forward to buying one someday. I guess I didnt expect it to happen so soon. Of course at this transitional time in my life, it would be a bad idea to blow $6000 on a guitar that I would be afraid to touch. Im pretty sure I would build a room lined in 3 feet of cotton, with a vigorous hand sanitization process, and possibly gowning required in order for myself to even touch it.

So I suppose thats one little gem that I will have to wait to have in my collection...

No comments: